City of Port Colborne to hold its annual four-day celebration of history and heritage along the Welland Canal.
The City of Port Colborne is proud to be celebrating its 40th Annual Canal Days Marine Heritage Festival from August 3rd to 6th, welcoming Vale as the title sponsor.
More than 400,000 people will attend Canal Days – an event that began in 1979 at the Port Colborne Historical & Marine Museum as a celebration of the Canal and the marine heritage that has shaped the city. Be sure to visit their brand new interactive exhibit on the history of the Welland Canal and its influence on Port Colborne! In celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Arabella’s Tea Room (located on the Museum grounds), they are sponsoring free admission to the Museum’s activities during Canal Days weekend.
Canal Days offers fun for the whole family. Food venders, shopping kiosks, entertainment and vessels line West Street. Children can enjoy the Kids Zone located at Seaway Park or spend the day at the Midway enjoying rides, games and prizes. Families can explore the decks and take a hand at the wheel of vessels like the U.S. Brig Niagara, Buffalo, N.Y. fireboat E.M. Cotter, HMCS Oriole, and Lettie G. Howard, or sail the canal and Lake Erie aboard the Empire Sandy, sponsored by Chamber of Marine Commerce. The Scotiabank Patio on West offers a great location to relax, enjoy a drink and listen to great Niagara talent.
While many attractions are located along West Street, there are a variety of other locations with exciting events. These include:
1. The International Kite Festival on Saturday, August 4th, and ever-popular Car Show on Sunday August 5th at their new location at Killaly Street West and Westside Road.
2. The Canal Days Craft Show at the Vale Health & Wellness Centre on Saturday, August 4th and Sunday, August 5th with over 60 juried crafters.
3. A boat ride from Sugarloaf Marina for guided Lighthouses Tours, presented by the Friends of the Port Colborne Lighthouses and Hamilton Port Authority.
4. Jazz on the Lawn at the Roselawn Centre on Saturday, August 4th.
5. Sawhorse Races at Lock 8 Park Saturday, August 4th. 6. and so much more!
The Canal Days Concert Series, sponsored by Port Colborne Quarries Inc. & Rankin Construction Inc., moves to its new location at H.H. Knoll Lakeview Park. The lineup includes:
1. Friday, August 3rd – 54.40 with Lowest of the Low, and 97.7 HTZ-FM Rocksearch winners King Park, presented by 97.7 HTZ-FM.
2. Saturday, August 4th – Blue Rodeo with Freman Dre & the Kitchen Party and Mel Monaco, presented by 91.7 Giant FM and Country 89.1.
3. Monday, August 6th – The Caverners and Tim ‘E’ Hendry on Monday afternoon, presented by 610 CKTB and 105.7 EZ Rock.
On Sunday, August 5th, visitors can enjoy a not-to-miss reworks display and boat parade of lights with the whole family along the Canal.
We hope to see you all #PORTicipate at our 40th Annual Canal Days Marine Heritage Festival.
For more information on Canal Days, please go to http://canaldays.ca.