Quite possibly the best thing about summertime is the outdoor relaxation that comes with it. And what is relaxing outdoors, without a cold drink or treat in hand? We’ve rounded up some of our favourite summertime recipes to share…hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Source // recipe from sallysbakingaddiction.com
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cups of vanilla Greek yogurt
- a popsicle mold
- Blend the blueberries in a food processor or blender until they reach a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, stir in the honey, then stir in the yogurt (mix it gently if you want your popsicles to be marbled looking). Taste the mixture; if you don’t think it’s sweet enough, you can add more honey.
- Put the mixture into the popsicle molds. Add the sticks if you have them (the ones that come with the molds), if not, put it in the freezer for two hours, then put a wooden stick in each. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- You can easily remove them from the molds by running them under warm water.
- *This recipe can be adapted to use any kind of fruit…you can adjust the amount of honey depending on the sweetness of the fruit you use.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cups drained pineapple tidbits
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- These can be cooked or grilled in the oven or on the BBQ. If done in oven, cook at 375 degrees.
- Cut four large pieces of foil, arranged on a flat surface.
- Toss the chicken pieces and BBQ sauce in a bowl until everything is equally coated.
- Divide chicken pieces evenly among foil, and divide the pineapple, bell pepper and onion evenly over the foil.
- Fold tinfoil together, but give space on the sides to allow for heat expansion.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. If grilling, cook for 10 minutes, turn the packs over, cook 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- 2 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups cranberry juice
- 5 cups of water
- Lemon slices
- Boil one cup of water, and then stir in sugar until it is dissolved.
- Once dissolved, allow it to cool and refrigerate for one hour.
- Add the sugar mixture, the juices, and 4 cups of water to the pitcher.
- Mix it all together well, and put it in the fridge until it’s ready to serve.
- Serve it with ice and garnish with a slice of lemon.
Source // Recipe from thefarmgirlgabs.com
- ½ cup frozen lime concentrate
- ¾ cup maraschino cherries (no stems) and juice
- 1 cup of lemon lime soda
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2/3 cups of ice
- Extra cherries and lime wedges for garnish
- Add the ingredients to a blender and process until they are combined and smooth.
- Garnish and drink!
Source // chef-in-training.com/
- 1 ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic power
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey
Combine all your ingredients in a medium saucepan, and stir well. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, and then turn it down to medium low and let simmer for 20 minutes, while constantly stirring. Enjoy!
For more summertime recipes read our 2016 article HERE