Community

Ignite Metabolism

Ignite A Better You: Are you ready to make-up with your Metabolism?

Take a slow, deep breath. Become aware of your thoughts and surroundings and quiet the chaos that lives in your mind and environment for the next few minutes. I work with patients everyday who feel exhausted, overwhelmed, and overworked. The never-ending to-do list, the over-packed schedule, the newest dietary and fitness trends, the late nights; …

Ignite A Better You: Are you ready to make-up with your Metabolism? Read More »

How To Nail An Interview

An Expert Explains   Job interviews can be amongst the most stressful experiences we have. From a psychological perspective, the nervousness makes sense: One thirty-minute conversation with a stranger will determine whether the future you’ve imagined for yourself, encompassing a whole host of psychological processes including self-worth and identity, will be achieved — or not.  For …

How To Nail An Interview Read More »

Cattolica: Sharks, Castles, And History

Written By: Christopher Balogh Photos By: Paul Wright Looking for an authentic experience for your next cycling destination? Cattolica offers a quiet elegance, a surprisingly easy pace and great convenience. Situated at the edge of Emilia Romagna just at the border of Marche region, Cattolica is somewhat of an undiscovered secret amongst traveling cyclists. It …

Cattolica: Sharks, Castles, And History Read More »

On The Table: Pranzo Ristorante Italiano

An Interview with: Executive Chef Tim O’Donnell   His name is Tim O’Donnell but don’t let the Irish connotation fool you – he serves up some of the most flavourful Italian dishes in Niagara Falls. Originally from Windsor, O’Donnell grew up quite literally immersed in the food business. From a young age he would work …

On The Table: Pranzo Ristorante Italiano Read More »

Sandbags, Socks, & Showbusiness: Niagara’s Role In WW1

“I tell you it is nothing but lice, rats, shells & bullets.”   That is how Alexander McLeod of Niagara Falls summed up life in a frontline trench during the First World War – the most destructive conflict the modern world had ever seen. The description was in a letter to his father written from France …

Sandbags, Socks, & Showbusiness: Niagara’s Role In WW1 Read More »

Picture Perfect

Behind the Lens with Haskell Photography   David Haskell has consistently been one of Niagara’s top photographers. He opened his first studio thirty two years ago, and basically hasn’t stopped since. He quickly became one of the most recognizable photographers in the province, and worked with some of the largest companies, organizations and personalities in …

Picture Perfect Read More »

Ask The Expert: To Be (social), Or Not To Be…

Satisfied in Solitude’s  has people around them constantly, and enjoys having time to herself at lunch, but is nervous that she might come across anti-social…   Dear Mariana, I have a question about being social in the workplace. In my area of work, I have constant contact with other people, which is a ways away …

Ask The Expert: To Be (social), Or Not To Be… Read More »